The smell of very fresh chicken stew simmering on the stove brings some reflection. Today was one of those more solemn days. Every so often I realize that I have more roosters in my flock than is healthy for all the hens. The roosters spend the days racing around jumping on the hens and the dominant rooster a very fine buff Orpington cannot keep up with protecting all the hens so…. I find that I give the selected roosters a proper prayer to the god of roosters. I am still deciding what/who this deity might be. But I have a very large glacial remnant rock on the property that has a very positive earth spirit about it, so it feels proper. And now I have fresh chicken in the freezer and chicken on the stove. Part of the circle of life.
- Nice to meet with @VT_Dylan Dylan, fellow VT Housecandidate for @essexvt twitter.com/VT_Dylan/statu… 1 year ago
- @VT_Dylan @VTHouseDems Nice to visit with you to Dylan 1 year ago
- RT @ksr_staff: “Sweet Pea & Friends in The SheepOver by John Churchman” ☺ kck.st/1Ba0YK0 2 years ago
- YOU'RE INVITED! Be a part of the collaboration going at Sweet Pea & Friends in The SheepOver! kickstarter.com/projects/sweet… http://t.co/c8BGxuFK63 2 years ago
- Please consider pre-ordering my new children's book launched on Kickstarter! kickstarter.com/projects/sweet… http://t.co/209U0Tx3nS 2 years ago