The coyotes were active last night , howling on the ridge. We have set up a box with a heat light for the newly hatching turkey poults. The mother turkey is sitting on 15 eggs that were hatched by several mothers over a period of time so are not all going to hatch at the same time. So I am taking the little ones so she will continue to sit. One of the Tom turkeys got in a fight with a predators and got cut up , but looks like he will recover. Every evening I shut our flock of sheep and lambs up in a pen 6′ high so the coyotes can’t get to them. Our neighbor lost his whole flock to coyotes last year and over the winter. We had 4 bottle lambs this winter and spring. They are now eating grass in the lower field. It is suppose to snow this evening, hopefully will stay at a higher elevation.
- Nice to meet with @VT_Dylan Dylan, fellow VT Housecandidate for @essexvt twitter.com/VT_Dylan/statu… 1 year ago
- @VT_Dylan @VTHouseDems Nice to visit with you to Dylan 1 year ago
- RT @ksr_staff: “Sweet Pea & Friends in The SheepOver by John Churchman” ☺ kck.st/1Ba0YK0 3 years ago
- YOU'RE INVITED! Be a part of the collaboration going at Sweet Pea & Friends in The SheepOver! kickstarter.com/projects/sweet… http://t.co/c8BGxuFK63 3 years ago
- Please consider pre-ordering my new children's book launched on Kickstarter! kickstarter.com/projects/sweet… http://t.co/209U0Tx3nS 3 years ago